Saturday, August 31, 2024

The final post

Hi Alyssa (Or whoever is reading this) Happy Wedding Day! I mean, I hope you're not reading this today. I hope you are far far away from here, having the best time with your family and eventually with me. I hope today is everything you want it to be. I hope we come home tonight exhausted from the amazing time we've had with all of our favorite friends and family.

This post is just to let you know that this blog is done, officially. Yeah I know, first post in seven years. The blog has been dead for basically forever. But I can't end the blog without one final post, one final sappy little love post to the person I intend to spend forever with. Of course, my vows have a lot of my sappy little thoughts, so this is going to be much much shorter so I don't spoil everything.

Alyssa, we've been through so much. 6 years, 2 months, and 12 days worth of so much. I am so lucky that I've gotten to spend that time with you, and the time I'll get with you for the rest of our lives. I love you so much.

Look at that picture of me over there. I was 17 in that photo. Jesus Christ, that's nearly half my life ago. I'm not that person anymore. I'm not posting my vulnerable thoughts out into the void anymore. The only posts I'm making publicly are about fantasy football and why my 2022 fantasy championship is greater than any of Sean's three championships. 

My vulnerable thoughts don't need to go out into the internet void anymore. They were a cry for help. Posting for attention and hoping someone would see them and feel a kinship with me. But now, I have you. All my fears, my sadness, my worries, I don't need to hope someone will find this and connect with me. I have you. My best friend.

So yes, I'm deleting everything here. It's not who I am anymore. Who I am is the person making this post today: Loving you and excited to get married. Weeks, months, and years from now, when you or anyone else looks at this blog, I want everyone to know that I love you. My wife. Holy shit, you're going to be my wife. That's crazy to think about. It feels like just a little bit ago we were awkwardly introducing ourselves to each other at Walgreens. Now we're here...


Also, did you know that August 31st is Dipper and Mabel's birthday? So us watching Gravity Falls yesterday feels really really appropriate. God I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment