Friday, April 26, 2013

Poorly written somewhat incoherent rambling about music from a guy who should go to bed already.

Honestly, this week has been tough for me. Stress gets pretty high around this point in the year. Anyways, I'm looking forward to blowing off some steam this weekend with some friends coming into town for some good times.

And I'm looking forward to this.

Yes I rather enjoy just writing to some people who don't know me. Well, some of you probably know me. It doesn't matter. Lets just get to what you all came here for...

I actually don't know why you're here. But I'm gonna talk about some more music. It's funny to think about how much my tastes have changed lately. I used to almost never listen to indie music. Heck, I remember those high school days of listening to Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects. Listening mostly to popular music. Speaking of FOB, I'm getting a nice hit of nostalgia with their new album. It's rather nice. But I'm going to go ahead and talk about some other songs I like though, like...

1. Camera One by Josh Joplin Group: Want to talk about nostalgia? Scrubs. Scrubs was a fantastic show. It was funny, it was touching, and damn it if it didn't have some good music. I could of made a whole playlist of music from that show. This song probably would of led all those songs. Kudos to Zach Braff for just knowing some good artist. Speaking of Zach Braff...

2. Someday by The Cary Brothers: So I was on reddit one day... or was it twitter? I was on something and I saw that Mr. Braff had started a kickstarter for a new movie he wanted to make. (Sidenote: He's raised about 1.7 million for that movie in 2 days, just from random people on the internet supporting him. Crazy) Anyways, watching his appeal to us peoples of the internet, I heard this song on it and made a note to listen to it. It's good stuff.

I guess I'm in a Zach Braff-y mood. I've even started rewatching some scrubs lately. Weird.

3. Always Where I Need to Be by The Kooks: The Kooks have been one of my favorite indie bands since I hit my indie kick. Them and The Wombats have always pretty much been my top 2. This is just a continuation of that kick. They make me happy. :)

4. Hurry Hurry by Air Traffic Controller: This song kinda reminds me of Be My Monster by Sleeper Agent. (Side Note on that song, I was right last week in that if I had waited a couple more days to post something, it would of been at the top of the list.) Anyways, this song just feels kind of weird. I don't know. I'm really bad at describing these songs. I really do think they're all good. They're all definitely worth a listening to.

5. Angels by The Xx: Ok. I had a lot trouble thinking of a way to describe this band. I looked up some stuff on them trying to figure out the right words for them when I came across the best description I could think of. Atmospheric. Make sense? No. You're probably going to hate these guys then. These guys have very moody and soulful music. If that isn't what you're into, you're aren't going to like them. Which is fine, everyone is entitled to their own style. This is a style I like.

Ok. This post isn't very good. I can acknowledge that. I'm tired. It's 3 am and I should go to bed. Yet I wanted to write. Sometimes, it's very relieving to write some stuff down. Even stuff about music that 95 percent of people don't care about. Sleep is nice too though. I'm going to do that too. But I think whoever you are, person reading this, you should go do something that'll make you happy. Even if it's as simple as lying in the grass and looking up at the clouds. Cause I think I'm going to do that. Not now. It's night. I'm going to sleep like a normal person. But maybe tomorrow. Maybe in two days. I'll take a moment to relax in a nice patch of grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment