Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Some more songs that I like, a willful admission that I don't want snow anymore.

It's the middle of April and it's snowing...

That isn't right.
The sun is supposed to be out. It supposed to be warm. I'm supposed to be playing frisbee with friends. 
And alas, I'm inside. Writing another blog post. I spent the last week or so doing a big giant essay for english class. It wasn't too much fun. However, now that I have submitted it, I feel like writing for fun. I rather do enjoy writing just for me. To not have any restrictions or guidelines. I can mkae tihs sneentce as wong as I wnat and no 1 can say anythang. I can talk about whatever I want to talk about.

Like music. God do I love music. It's amazing how a good song can put a smile on my face even when I'm not feeling super duper awesome sauce. So here is a list of songs that put a big fat dumb smile on my face. Just a quick note, none of the songs on my previous list will be mentioned here. I still love all those songs previously mentioned, but this is just for songs I've recently discovered, like:

1. Synthesizers by Butch Walker and The Black Widows: Now this song is really great except for one part. The opening line. I hate the opening like. "Everybody's writing songs with synthesizers, but I don't have a synthesizer." fkl;jafsdklajflsdj I nearly ragequit this song every time I hear that line. It just feels like bad songwriting when you're rhyming synthesizer with synthesizer.

Random person reading this blog: But Tim, you have admitted to in the past liking such musical acts as Justin Bieber and Kesha who often have lyrics that rhyme baby with baby and other horrible things like that.

Me: Fair point random person reading this blog, but I'm not listening to those artists because they are create great lyrics. They make addicting beats. And damn it all if I don't love a good beat.

Random person: You like Bieber?

Me: I mean, he's an incredible douche, but "Top 40 hits are top 40 for a reason, they're catchy." -Dipper Pines

That all said, this song does have some good lyrics after that. And hey, damn it all if I don't love a good beat. And I think this song has a pretty good beat.

2. Death of Communication by Company of Theives: This isn't exactly one of those songs I skip to. It's catchy. It has good lyrics. Yet this song is more for when you're angry or upset and you just want to scream. I guess that's why all those angsty teenagers are listening to screamo-heavy-metal-making-your-ear-bleed music. Of course I still need those lyrics and beat to listen to it. Sorry Insane Clown Possy. I still won't listen to you.

3. Honey, Let Me Sing You a Song by Matt Hires: Is Matt Hires even really indie? He seems incredibly similar to Gavin Degraw. Not that Gavin Degraw is bad. Well, I didn't much care for his last single, that not over you song. But I loved those in love with a girl and i don't want to be songs. Even though those two songs were practically the same beat. It was a good beat. Anyways, back to Matt Hires. He's good. This song is good. Listen to it.

4. Be My Monster by Sleeper Agent: This song I just found two nights ago. I haven't listened to it a lot, however if I had waited two more days to write this, this song probably would of been higher on the list if I had gotten a few more listens in. I don't really know what to compare it to. So far, I've been subconsciously comparing each of these songs to some other random band. Well I guess this song is kinda all over the place. It doesn't have just one beat. It keeps changing. Kinda like me. I guess I like that.

5. Blue Eyes by Middle Brother: This song kinda covers my twangy country that I'm slowly getting into. Don't get me wrong, I still refuse to like most country. But this song does good. I feel kinda weird that a lot of these songs I like are about a guy trying to win a girl's heart. I guess I enjoy winning hearts.

Well that's it for now. It's easier if I don't wait multiple months to include songs in my top 5 cause then I don't have to do honorable mentions every time. Maybe I'll do more of this. Well have a good day internet. I'm gonna go walk home.

*looks outside at snow*

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment